There is a vacant position at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography for a Postdoctoral Fellow (SKO1352) in Sociology.
WHEN / WHERE
University of Oslo, Norway.
Applicants must hold a PhD in Sociology, and the suggested project must fall within the main areas of sociological research at the Department: Global challenges, Migration and integration, Cultural and political participation, The Nordic model, Family and the life course, Social inequality, Working life, and Marginalisation. Candidates for the position should have research experience and teaching qualifications that are compatible with this research profile. Questions regarding the scope of the thematic areas may be addressed to Professor Mette Andersson (see below).
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
Deadline 02.01.2019. The position is for a period of 3 years without compulsory work/ 4 years with 25 % compulsory work (primarily teaching duties). Only candidates who have submitted their doctoral thesis prior to the application closing date may apply for the position.
The applicant must provide a description (5-10 pages) of a research project that she or he wants to carry out during the fellowship period. The project description should include an account of how the project relates to the mentioned research areas. The application must include:
- cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- Project description, including progress plan (5 – 10 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- a complete list of publications
- Up to five academic works that the applicant wishes to have considered in the assessment process (a doctoral dissertation or a monograph will count as three publications)
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
Job reference: 159156