Radical History Review seeks proposals for contributions to a forthcoming issue entitled “Fascisms and Antifascisms Since 1945“.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- History of neo-fascist and far-right movements and parties, which might include National Alliance (Alleanza Nazionale) / Brothers of Italy (Fratelli d’Italia), Golden Dawn, the Alternative for Germany (AfD), the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
- Histories of neo-Nazism, in Germany and globally
- Use of anti-fascist tropes by left groups and movements of the 1970s (Red Brigades, Red Army Faction, the Weather Underground, Black Panthers)
- Antifascist movements in the Third World / Global South
- Shifts in far-right mobilizations of anti-Semitism, nationalism, and white supremacy
- Uses of antifascism in post-1945 movements for decolonization
- Transnational fascist or antifascist alliances
- The memorialization / monumentalization of fascism or antifascism
- The ways in which the far right draws on history to affirm their movements (for example, the use of Viking history by white identity groups to argue for a white ethno-state)
- The influence of punk, skinhead, football, or other subcultures in fascist and antifascist movements
- Parallels between fascism and neoliberalism (for example in the ways they address concepts such as equality, democracy, and freedom)
- The role of the concept of antifascism in resistance to Latin American dictatorships
- The creation of an “official” governmental antifascism in postwar Europe
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
By February 1, 2019, applicants are required to submit a 1-2 page abstract as an attachment to email@example.com with “Issue 138 Abstract Submission” in the subject line.
For more information, please have a look at this link.
Photo on Interregnum.