Check other recent calls and fellowships.
The Department of Oriental Studies at the Yerevan State University (Armenia) invites you to the First Annual Armenian International Congress on Oriental Studies.
WHEN / WHERE
November 9-10, 2018 in Yerevan (Armenia).
The theme of this year’s conference is related to the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War and the formation of the New Middle East.
Questions of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Emergence of nation states: consequence of the World War 1st or an independent development?
• Invisible consequences of war: demographic change, formation of identity, cultural transformations, new border identity
• The role of ideologies in the Middle East after the war
• Culture & war: cultural transformations and their consequences
• The role of the scholars in the prevention of the conflicts and conflict resolutions: 100 years ago, and today
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
Please send submissions electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, September 10, 2018. Please include each presenter’s name, institution, and position, as well as a separate file including a 250-word abstract with a tentative title. For pre-arranged panels, please send a single email with an overall panel description plus individual paper abstracts. The best abstracts will summarize the paper’s topic, its relationship and contribution to the existing scholarship and preliminary conclusions. Abstracts will be evaluated anonymously by the organizing committee; therefore, please do not include names or any identifying information in the abstract.
Please feel free to email us for any inquiry at the above address. Accepted abstracts will be announced by September 25, 2018. Best papers will be published in the special issue of the “The Problems of Oriental Studies”.
A limited number of funding is available for accommodation in Yerevan (based on needs).