Call for papers for the Transatlantic Studies Association 17th Annual Conference
WHEN / WHERE
University of North Georgia, Dahlonega Campus, 9-11 July 2018
All transatlantic-‐themed paper and panel proposals from these and related disciplines are welcome. This conference thus welcomes papers in the following areas:
- International Relations and Security Studies
- Literature, Film, and Culture
- Planning and the Environment
- Proposals that investigate the ‘transatlantic’ and explore it through frames of reference such as ideology, empire, race, religion, migration, political mobilisation, or social movements
- Proposals that incorporate perspectives that involve north-‐south and south-‐south transatlantic connections, as well as north-‐north
Deadline for panel and paper proposals: March 23, 2018. Both panel proposals and individual papers are welcome. Panel proposals are encouraged to include a discussant. New members and junior scholars are especially welcome. Please send individual paper proposals (a 300 word abstract + brief CV) and complete panel proposals (300 word overview + 300 word abstracts for the papers + brief CVs) to the conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Transatlantic Studies Association is pleased to offer five conference grants for young scholars. Deadline for applications: 12 March 2018. Besides, check the Transatlantic Studies Association and Cambridge University Press Book Prize.