What: International conference organized by Istituto Carlo Cattaneo, along with numerous partnerships: Culture, Politiche e società, Unito; Istat; Istituto Carlo Alberto; LUISS Guido Carli; Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Bologna. and many other foundations, institutes, organizations.
When/where: Bologna, november 2-4 2017
Deadline: april 30 2017
Topic: there are 5 axes to develop:
- Topic A – Inequality: meaning, conceptualization and evidence-based drivers of inequality
- Topic B – Economic consequences of inequality: on growth, labor, migration and long-term development
- Topic C – Non-economic consequence of inequality: health inequalities, education inequalities, labor and work-place, political participation and social capital
- Topic D – Addressing inequality through economic policy: redistribution policies; fiscal policies and sector policies; gender-based and rights-based policies; social policies (education, health care, family and child care); urban development policies.
- Topic E – Addressing inequality with other policies: social mobility; intergenerational transfers; unequal exchange; territorial disequilibria; lagging development; minorities and discrimination.
How to apply: send your abstract (2000-3000 words) throught the online application.
Links, other infos: there’s a money prize for the best “junior scholar paper”, along with publication for all the papers in a special volume. The conference includes prestigious keynote speakers, among them Ernesto Sirolli and Joseph Stiglitz. Participation requires a variable fee depending on your profile.